the time always comes

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Friday, May 19, 2006

Eurovision fever

I've come into the possession of a copy of the official Eurovision CD (aptly enough from the same source who lent me 'One Night in Paris' - he's a very useful supplier of pop cultural detritus), which I'm listening to to relieve some Friday morning ennui at work in between bidding for an 80s Casio synth on ebay and eating some Coles pikelets at my desk.

Without the visuals it's even more disturbing! I prefer the countries with the balls to sing in their native tongue - and there's a fair number of them this year. My current faves are Spain and Bosnia Herzigovina. Will I be watching, tonight? You bet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*If any of you Europeans who read my blog (well, the current count is one - my cousin) DARE to reveal the result before I've had the opportunity to live through the whole satisfying 'nil point/douze point' voting saga, I will be cross.

3 Comments:

Blogger ian said...

I like the British entry this year. They're called the Streets Trinians. Or something

4:29 pm  
Blogger susanna said...

man, that brit entry is bad news! but very funny. ok - i'll have to up my UK readership count to 2 again i guess :)

4:44 pm  
Blogger ian said...

It was an amazing show.

8:12 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home