the time always comes

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ashes fever

What's not to love about the cricket? It's like life. You even make around about the same number of runs as the average lifespan, i.e. anywhere up to and a little bit above 100, depending on how lucky and/or skilled you are - like life! I don't think I'd like to have lived a Phil Tufnell innings though - much as I love Tuffers. I wouldn't have made it out of the womb. Hmm... I think I must be at about a Ricky Ponting batting average now, which is the wrong side of respectable (in cricketing terms, of course).

Anyway, let's get on with the shameless (and Shane-less) Office Sheilas' Cheeky Calendar part of the proceedings:

Here's the reason I love cricket #2:





Simon Jones. The ridiculously lush Welshman was the star of the first day's play at Old Trafford. When I first went to a cricket match as a little tacker - getting icecream on people's legs as I weaved through the stands at the G - he would've been.... even younger. Anyway, Simon knows how to pitch it in the blockhole, as it were.












and here's the reason I don't go for Oz:


Shane Warne. I'm not going to waste the nice white space with a picture of him. Here's a much better blond to fill the space:

















Freddy's not really my type...
He looks a bit like a U-Boat commander, with a name to match - but he's a cracking player, what!? Freddy bats and bowls - which is, as we have learnt, never a bad thing.

And before I really start to turn into Julian Clary, I'll quit perving and go back to the match..

But before that - I realise I've just accidentally played a game of cricketing 'Cliff Shag Marry' (though in the wrong order). Examples of more of these triplets, in the right order of course, include:

JLo, Kate Moss, Monica Bellucci
Tom Cruise, Vincent Vaughn, Christian Bale
Chris Martin, Pete Doherty (I'd dust him off and give him back after Ro, promise!), Alex Kapranos
Dan Brown, DBC Pierre, Douglas Adams
The Bravery, Human League, Depeche Mode
The Olympics, The Eurovision Song Contest, The Ashes

Umm... those aren't the best examples, but it goes something like this:

Cliff - Shoggin disgrace. Shag - Fleeting Genius. Marry - A long term winner. Or you can just be literal. Shag and Vincent Vaughn do seem to go together quite literally, after all.

I guess I ought to tag those unfortunates who sometimes stumble across my blog during quiet moments at work - do your worst.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rowena said...

Hey, that Simon fellow isn't half bad. This could mark my switching of allegiance from emaciated junkie rock stars to strapping sportsmen!

10:55 pm  
Blogger susanna said...

he purrs. you can catch him in action now if you turn on SBS.

11:16 pm  
Blogger ian said...

I thought that Cliff, Shag and Mary were a sixties folk group?

8:58 am  
Blogger susanna said...

hahaha!

you realise you're tagged ian? i'm sorry i'm so lo-tech...

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home