the time always comes

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I'm starting a new, anonymous blog. This one's fine for saying nice, anodyne things that you'd expect to hear from me - but that's all become a bit boring. I'll still update this one from time to time, but I've got controversial, salacious and even just private things to say which I don't want to say to the small audience I have, most of whom know me in real life and might recognise themselves in my tirades. Not you Ro, and not dear Chrissy of course... just people at work, and who inhabit my life. I can't write a decent character study (good, bad or indifferent) in a forum where I'm connected to my profile and thereby the people who know me.

So - I'm going to turn up in these very circles, quite soon, as somebody else. Someone who wants to observe and comment without the restrictions of being 'Susanna'. All the best writers have pen-names for their side projects and secret fetish work which might otherwise harm their reputations. As happy as I am with my life - my life is for me (and a few strangers in blogworld when it suits me!).

In fact - who's to say my alter ego is not already out there?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS

You have a nice asinine, and don't let anyone tell you differently.

7:54 pm  
Blogger Chai said...

There was something today where person was sacked for her anonymous blog. So there is no need to be anonymous. They're going to sack you anyway.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=5&ObjectID=10391992. Anytime.

10:03 pm  
Blogger susanna said...

maddy has a profile in blogworld!! yay! all will be revealed soon...

GW! you have revealed your true identity! i'm not leaving this blog - in fact, i'll probably update more often. i'll just be doing more interesting stuff elsewhere. i hope.

chai - i saw that in the paper yesterday. i'll admit it has crossed my mind that my views about work will be stumbled across by the wrong people!!!

8:46 am  
Blogger Susanne said...

I think it's a good idea. There's heaps of stuff I'd quite like to write about on my blog that would make it way more interesting than it is now, but because I have a few real life people reading it I don't want to write that stuff.

5:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... I'm going to delete that comment soon, so take note!

12:09 am  
Blogger susanna said...

that's exactly it susanne. too many people that i know read this now. long lost friends who i catch up with every 3 months or so, relatives... some of them keep up with me entirely through my blog and will bring up my opinion on something which they've gleaned through this site. a guy at my work reads it more than he actually talks to me, and i get cryptic messages from him containing my thoughts from time to time. all a bit much. i'd like to be properly anonymous!

9:59 am  
Blogger elaine said...

salacious...

Just make sure you protect your ISP address too (so the REAL geeks can't track you down).

Looking forward to the juicy-blog

2:17 pm  
Blogger susanna said...

ooh... i don't know how to do that elaine! the geeks will find me. mind you, i do most of my blogging from work.

anyway, i'll be visiting soon. :)

2:20 pm  
Blogger Thomas said...

Hello from Seattle strangely via Houston.

10:34 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home