the time always comes

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Two reasons for neglecting my blog...

I've got a new computer. I've had it loaded up with a software package that allows me to tape my entire record collection (and I mean the vinyl) onto my computer's hard drive. It's (literally) hours, days, weeks, years of fun. I might never leave the house again.

I have been floored by the emotion of the cricket. I've tried to put words to this wordless moment of triumph, but I simply can't. If I do finally manage to, it will be hopelessly, pointlessly out of date. On that score, I note bitterly that The Age has a female 'Chief Cricket Writer'. I have been vigilantly critical of her cricketing knowledge, assuming her to be some poor cadet hack who got stuck on the sports pages. I WANT HER JOB. I guess it would be a useful exercise to write something about it myself, to prove my knowledge of the nerdy intricacies (I mean, would this cricket journo sheila know a flipper if it came around the wicket at her and pitched outside leg stump, to be caught at extra cover!?), but I can't. It means too much to me. Stay tuned though....

Until then, I've had a bash at something that really doesn't mean all that much to me... a spot of restaurant criticism. Something my dad was apparently a bit of a dab hand at, back in the 60s. It's all one huge tweak! (Which I imagine to be a wank, but with tweezers - a nice double barrel insult I've thrown about a bit lately).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home