the time always comes

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Monday, October 09, 2006

Ruminating on all the discussions on a Greer theme on the interweb of late, my wise, dear, ridiculously gorgeous Chris, one of the few men who you could really call a feminist, said to me yesterday (of the expectations some women have of men and their confusion of this with true equality):

"Why would you want to be treated like a princess? They die in car accidents."

I have discussed this at length with friends of mine. We want to be treated like equal, intelligent human beings. Not princesses.

4 Comments:

Blogger susanna said...

gobbies for mazers is the most important thing. woozers have to earn it!

12:35 pm  
Blogger susanna said...

i forgot to add 'the hilarious' to my list of chris compliments.

4:14 pm  
Blogger Susanne said...

I absolutely agree. I'd hate to be a princess-type.

Equality all the way for me.

Chris sounds great. It'd be nice to date a feminist fella.

4:33 am  
Blogger susanna said...

LIES!

10:59 am  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home