the time always comes

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Friday, October 12, 2007

More of my endless angry invective, this time sprayed on the online Your Say column of that disappointing rag, The Age:

Every day that this man holds off on calling an election is another day he is allowed, by law, to spend public money (that's YOUR money, rednecks!) on advertising his party.

Once it is called, he has to stop.

Once it is called, he also has to stop making spurious last minute grabs for attention.

This latest announcement is shameless and shameful, and I trust no progressive person could fail to see it for what it is - more desperation from a government that set the course of reconciliation back 50 years.

Just shut up and call the election.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger gigglewick said...

Susanna,

This post nearly made me cry.

I am so paralysed by rage i can barely stand it.

3:20 pm  
Blogger susanna said...

Gigglewick, me too. The election and Howard's sly machinations in the lead up consume my every waking hour. Blog it out, I say!

The only thing that keeps me going is the solidarity I share with other outraged people like yourself and the sweet thought of his imminent demise...

...that, or a move to New Zealand.

Bring it on! OUT OUT OUT!!!!

3:47 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:25 pm  
Blogger eleanor bloom said...

It's all I've been talking about lately too.

I'm getting heartily sick of both Howard and Rudd trying to buy votes. But Rudd doesn't have much of a choice to keep promoting himself and his party everywhere we look, because it's Howard's fault for delaying the election.

"It's me or the Dog" is on telly at the moment. Perhaps Ms Victoria could be let loose in federal parliament... Get Howard etc. into line,yeah?

10:12 pm  
Blogger davey said...

gigglewick, careful posting your email address on a blog, the spam spiders 'll getcha!

9:56 pm  
Blogger susanna said...

with the above in mind, ms g, i've taken that comment down and will be in touch soon via provided email.

4:32 pm  
Blogger gigglewick said...

thanks for your concern all....

1:42 pm  
Blogger Melanie Myers said...

Well thank God we've got a date then! Come on Nov 24th, I say. Howard's D Day... here's hoping & praying. Probably took so long calling it because he knows he's calling his own funeral.

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home